Sunday 9 December 2018

Blogmas Day 5: End of 2018 Unhaul

Hi, and thanks for stopping by.

Today's Blogmas post is an end-of-the-year book clear-out!! It's always nice to go into the new year with fresh book shelves, so I figured why not do one last unhaul?! I've been so much better this year about unhauling books I'm no longer interested in owning, and hopefully that will continue on into 2019 too! Anyway, here are the books I'm donating this December...


Blue Bloods and Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz are books 1 and 2 in her vampy/NYC series. I'm surprised that I didn't enjoy these books more, because I love Gossip Girl and these books are essentially that but with vampires. Unfortunately I think it's just the continued curse upon my relationship with Melissa de la Cruz's writing, which I've really discovered I don't enjoy this year. Hopefully someone else will be super happy to find these two books together and get more joy from them than I did.

Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira is the book I read most recently from this stack. I actually was surprised to find it on my shelf, because I was sure I had unhauled it already!! I loved the concept of this book when I read the blurb, but the execution was really poor, in my opinion. It also read on the younger side of YA, which I'm seriously steering away from in my tastes.

Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell is a spooky read and that doesn't tend to be a genre I much enjoy. I didn't have any real, big issues with this book, I just didn't like it especially and know I would never reread it. Although I love hard-hitting contemporary books and some of the darker elements of fantasy novels, I've really gone off of thrillers and the like this year.

The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult is one of my least favourites of her books, probably tied for first place with My Sister's Keeper, actually. Her other book specifically focusing on rape and the surrounding culture (Salem Falls) is my favourite of her books so far, so I was super surprised and disappointed to not enjoy this one. There was a few good plot twists but a lack of satisfaction or justice and a very strange second half, spent wandering around in the snow from what I remember! 

No Filter by Orlagh Collins is a book I should have unhauled months and months ago. I only gave it two stars and that tends to be my strict rule for unhauling books (sometimes books can be donated when I give them 3 or even 3.5 stars, so 2 stars is a definite no-no for keeping!!) but I think I held onto it because I bought it brand-new when it came out and it's pretty. NOT convincing-enough reasons!!

So those are the last books of 2018 that I am donating!! Are you having an end-of-2018 clear-out? Let me know which books you're ditching!

Till next time

Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment