Saturday 13 April 2019

An Unhaul: April 2019

Hi, and thanks for stopping by.

Today's post is going to be another show & tell of the books I've decided to donate to charity this month. I'm a big book buyer, as you may know if you've been reading here for a while, but when I really don't enjoy a book, I like to pass it on to a local charity shop in the hopes that somebody else will love it more (and make some money for a good cause simultaneously!!)

(Apologies for the glaring sunlight in the photograph by the way!)


Eden Summer by Liz Flanagan - I literally cannot tell you a single detail about this book; that's how memorable it is to me. I just know I really didn't enjoy it much at all and have absolutely zero desire to reread it. Although it is a nice hardback edition, I did pick it up for only £3 in a rare Waterstones sale, so I don't feel too gutted about parting with it.

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter - I was all ready for this book to be about these mega-intelligent, mega-cool teenage girl spies (and it kinda was)...but the focus of the entire 300 pages was a teenage boy - and a very uninspiring one at that! Seemed like such a waste of a great opportunity.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger - I watched the film of this first, and whilst it wasn't exactly the best movie I've ever seen, it was pretty cute and funny. This, however? I had real issues with it. The main problem was its complete lack of plot! It's just several hundred pages of go to school-avoid hot boy-go home-avoid father-sleep with hot boy and repeat. 

Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall - I love the concept of this book a lot, but sadly its execution really did let it down. It has been split into too many perspectives for a book so short, in my opinion, and Ezra & Ruby's were far less relevant or engaging. There was kind of a lack of chemistry here too.


So those are the books I'm donating & why. Let me know down below what you think of my choices and what you do with unloved books yourself. Do you buy books in charity shops much? I love to!!

Till next time

Katie






No comments:

Post a Comment