Saturday 5 January 2019

A Goal for 2019: Unwrapping My TBR (2)

Hi, and thanks for stopping by.

Today's post is similar to something I wrote at the beginning of 2018, too; I decided to follow in Sylvia's footsteps once more and wrap my TBR books. This way I get to unwrap my TBR each month (makes the process of picking your TBR a lot more fun and also tends to force you into reading the less-loved books that you're always avoiding but never getting rid of!). If you want to read last year's post you can check it out here. You should also really check out Sylvia doing this herself on her YouTube channel, Wish Fulfillment. 

I really don't have that much to say during this post, or even very many photos either, I just wanted to update you guys on how I'll be choosing my TBRs in 2019! 

There were a couple of books I didn't wrap.
Firstly, there were some books I bought at the end of 2018 that I'm completely desperate to read and decided not to deny myself the pleasure of doing that in January!
Secondly, there were a handful of thrillers that I decided against wrapping; having not been in the best place personally as of late, I'm really not in the mood to be reading dark stuff, so those are staying unwrapped on my regular shelves for now.
Lastly, I didn't wrap any books I had that were part of a series I owned more than one book from; I guess I just didn't feel much like committing to those just now.
I really wanted the Unwrapping this year to just be about reading fun, standalone contemporary books.




So, would you ever wrap your TBR? How do you pick which books to read each month? Let me know by leaving a comment down below - I'd love to hear from you!!

Till next time

Katie

4 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea Katie – I hope you have a great reading year! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! Is the purpose to make it like a blind date with a book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, kind of! It means you get a surprise each time you unwrap one but also really forces you to read all/any of your unread books and not just, for instance, the newest ones!

      Delete