Saturday 12 January 2019

A Tag: New Year

Hi, and thanks for stopping by.

Today's post is a New Year-themed book tag - I was tagged by wonderful blogging & real-life friend Melissa from thebookwormsfantasy; you should definitely check her blog out, especially if you're a fan of thrillers!! In turn, I'd like to tag anybody reading this to answer these questions themselves - let me know if you do!

1. How Many Books Are You Planning to Read in 2019?

The last two years, I've read just over 200 books so I've set my Goodreads goal at 200 in line with that. To be honest though, that's not really a reflection of how many books I'm actively trying to read. If I read over 200 again, amazing; if not, it really doesn't bother me!!

2. Name 5 Books You DIdn’t Read in 2018 But Want to Make a Priority in 2019.

 1) War Storm by Victoria Aveyard - I'm excited to read the final instalment in the Red Queen series, which I've loved so far. I didn't buy/read this in 2018 because I've been eagerly anticipating its paperback release!
2) The Surface Breaks by Louise O'Neill - I can't believe I've owned this book for so many months and not read it. I love Louise O'Neill's writing so much; it's gritty, painful, powerful and always feminist.
3) The Secret History by Donna Tartt - This is SO many people's favourite book. I just have to know what the hype is all about, and whether it's deserved.
4) Attachments & Landline by Rainbow Rowell - I can't believe there are Rainbow Rowell books on this planet that I haven't read yet. I think because they aren't YA, I've been avoiding them. I really want to read them this year!!
5) The Black Key by Amy Ewing - This is the finale in such a great dystopian series. I reread the first two books at the end of 2018 specifically in preparation to finally read The Black Key. I'm excited to see how the story ends.

3. Name a Genre You Want to Read More Of

I might not have had an answer to this last week, but since finishing Emily X.R. Pan's The Astonishing Colour of After, I can safely say that I'm really, really interested in reading more magical realism. It allows a writer to do so much more with the contemporary world, and it creates such a special reading experience.

4. Three Non-Book Related Goals for 2019

1) I really, really want to finish the novel I'm writing. I'd say I'm about 60% done with it at the moment.
2) I want to improve my physical and mental health; I struggle with conditions relating to both and I'm really hoping that 2019 will be a good year for me.
3) I'd love to learn how to draw...don't ask me how I plan on doing this, but the more involved I become in different creative realms, the more I'm in awe of people who can draw and the more I wish I did it myself. If you want to keep up to date with my creative habits, follow my Instagram account: @explorationofcreation. 

5. A Book You’ve had Forever That You Still Need to Read

My TBR Unwrapping extravaganza last year really helped me read so many of the books I'd been hoarding and avoiding on my shelves. I think I still have one or two old Jodi Picoult books to get to and a few classics. 

6. One Word You’re Hoping 2019 Will Be
For me, 2019 is all about hope and being hopeful. I don't want to be unrealistic or overambitious or over-enthusiastic, I'm just planning to be optimistic. I'm hoping 2019 will prepare me for the rest of my life! 

I hope it's just as transformative and special for each and every one of you, too.

Till next time

Katie



3 comments:

  1. I’m hoping to do this tag at the end of the month. Good luck with your 2019 goals and reading! I wish I could draw. That would be a helpful skill to have.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to reading it! Thank you! Haha, I agree!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I want to do this tag soon!

    ReplyDelete