Friday 15 December 2017

Blogmas Day 8: The All I Want For Christmas Tag!

Hi, and thanks for stopping by.

Today's Blogmas post is the All I Want For Christmas book tag!! I discovered a few people had done this when I was looking for fun tags to do in the festive season, but I didn't come across the person who made it, so apologies for that - if anyone knows, please do let me know in the comments section!!

1. what fictional character do you want santa to leave under your Christmas tree?

Right, well, technically, I have four characters that I'd be more than happy to find under the Christmas tree. Levi from Fangirl, Jack from Night Owls, Joe from The Sky Is Everywhere & Oscar from I'll Give You The Sun. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you were probably reciting those aloud with me, off by heart. At a push, maybe I'd go for Jack.

2. what character do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?

I mean, once again, there are four very suitable options. As I went for Jack on question one, maybe I'd pick Oscar here. I feel bad choosing between them!! I need to reread them all and decide on one favourite maybe...

3. you write your Christmas list for santa, what are the top 5 books on it?

1) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Illustrated Edition).
2) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated Edition).
3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Illustrated Edition....are you sensing a theme here?!).
4) Francesca Zappia's Eliza and her Monsters.
5) Nic Stone's Dear Martin.

4. it’s secret santa at Hogwarts, what do you most want to receive?

Well, let's be honest, getting into Hogwarts in the first place would be the ultimate Christmas gift, so it'd be heard for anybody to top that. I'd say something awesome like an invisibility cloak or Sirius's magic mirror (tears) but then also something seriously weird yet adorable from Dobby (more tears) would probably make me smile the most.

5. you get to spend the day with characters/actors from one fandom – which do you pick?

This question is BEYOND easy. Harry Potter, obviously!!! Next question!

6. which character would you like to replace Rudolph, and meet on your roof?

See, now I have Dobby on my mind, so I'd have to say him. I swear, no matter what tags I do, Harry Potter never fails to creep into at least half of my answers!! Makes sense, I suppose, given that they are my favourite books of all time.

7. you can invite ten book characters to your new year’s eve party – who do you pick?

1) Dumbledore
2) Dobby
3) Ron Weasley
4) Levi (from Fangirl)
5) Joe (from The Sky is Everywhere)
6) Lucy (from The Names They Gave Us)
7) Evie (from Am I Normal Yet?)
8) Frankie (from Freshers)
9) Etienne St Clair (from Anna & the French Kiss)
10) Harriet (from Geek Girl)

8. which character would make the best santa claus?

Although appearance doesn't matter for this question, not only does Albus Dumbledore have the hair and beard for the job, he's also generous, kind, jolly and loves Christmas. Plus, the santa from the film Father Christmas (the best festive film ever) gets socks for Christmas, and Dumbledore has a little sock obsession, so... it all fits!

So that's today's festive tag!! I really hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I'd love to read yours, too, so please feel free to consider yourself tagged if you're reading this right now. Please do tweet me your post when it's done - @ECbookblog. 

Till next time

Katie














No comments:

Post a Comment